Asia Travel Vaccines and Advice
Speak with one of our healthcare professionals to determine which vaccines or medications are right for your trip to Africa. Recommendations will be based upon your destination, itinerary, and current health status.
Travel Health Asia
We offer travel health consultations for all destinations in Asia
Health & Safety Tips for Asia
- Protect yourself from mosquito bites. This includes covering up, using insect repellent and staying in enclosed air-conditioned accommodations. You may also consider pre-treating clothing and travel gear with insecticides and sleeping under a bed net.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. It’s a good idea to always keep some with you when you travel.
- Drink only bottled or treated water and avoid ice. When it comes to food, always remember: “boil it, peel it, cook it, or forget it!”
- Take personal precautions to avoid animal bites and contact with bats. When travelling, consider all stray animals to be infected with rabies; do not attempt to pick up, pet, or handle unfamiliar animals, or attract or approach wild or stray animals.
- If bitten, scratched or licked on broken skin or mucous membranes by an animal, immediately clean the wound thoroughly by washing and flushing with soap and water for at least 15 minutes. Immediately seek medical assistance to assess your risk and discuss your treatment options.