Central & North America Travel Vaccines and Advice
BOOK ONLINE OR CALL (647) 479-8808 FOR AN APPOINTMENT
Speak with one of our healthcare professionals to determine which vaccines or medications are right for your trip to Central America. Recommendations will be based upon your destination, itinerary, and current health status.
Central & North America
We offer travel health consultations for all Central & North American destinations:
Health & Safety Tips For Central & North America:
- Protect yourself from mosquito bites. This includes covering up, using insect repellent and staying in enclosed air-conditioned accommodations. You may also consider pre-treating clothing and travel gear with insecticides and sleeping under a bed net.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. It’s a good idea to always keep some with you when you travel.
- Drink only bottled or treated water and avoid ice. When it comes to food, always remember: “boil it, peel it, cook it, or forget it!”
- Take personal precautions to avoid animal bites and contact with bats. When travelling, consider all stray animals to be infected with rabies; do not attempt to pick up, pet, or handle unfamiliar animals, or attract or approach wild or stray animals.
- If bitten, scratched or licked on broken skin or mucous membranes by an animal, immediately clean the wound thoroughly by washing and flushing with soap and water for at least 15 minutes. Immediately seek medical assistance to assess your risk and discuss your treatment options.
Central & North America’s common preventable illnesses:
Be sure that your routine vaccines are up-to-date. Some of these vaccines include: measles-mumps-rubella (MMR), diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, varicella (chickenpox), and others.
Travel Consultation Details
Our consultations typically last about 30 minutes and include a comprehensive itinerary and specific topics about your journey. Our Travel Medicine Specialists will discuss recommendations (from the CDC, WHO and other sources) and requirements based on your destinations, activities, time of year, altitude and medical history. Our consultation rooms are private and comfortable. You can usually schedule an appointment on short notice and we will do our best to accommodate you after hours.
As a one-stop travel medicine clinic, Summit Travel Health carries all travel vaccines necessary to protect you on your vacation, safari, mission trip, study abroad semester, business trip, or inter-country adoption. We can also provide antimalarial and antidiarrheal medications. And, with our variety of hard-to-find travel products in stock, you will be fully prepared for whatever challenges arise during your journey.